Oxford dictionary defines "Beauty as the combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or for, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight."
We used to be warned about "Keeping up with the Jones'". Dave Ramsey warns us of this when we are focused on debt free, but who really warns us about keeping up with the beauty trends? There are beauty boxes with samples so you can try them out before becoming brand loyal.
Who really defines, starts, and ends beauty trends though? One of the first places to take chances and end up on the screen is "Hollywood", but now there's "Instagram". The beauty scene and trends may change out faster than the newest iphone or apps. Kim Kardashian is not shy of the trends that she starts and ends. I mean there is a show entitled, "Keeping up with the Kardashians". First she inflated her bootay and now she wants to flatten it. From the various hair colors to the fashion lines for the entire Kardashian family they are usually on top of the trends. However, if you try to keep up with them then you might be exhausted by the end of the week.
Truthfully though, I do not think that many people want to keep up, but do want to look and feel our best. When we look back at pictures of ourselves we often say, "what was I thinking with that hair style or clothing". That's the beauty of beauty it can never be labeled as boring or stagnant. It can also be so overwhelming and stressful to keep up with the trends or enhancement procedures so many folks say, "why bother" and sort of adopt a don't care, don't have time, classic way of life.
To help you StressLess with the Beauty buzz we offer these 5 tips:
1) Try before you buy bulk (look around for samples, smaller sizes, or talk to your beauty professional about a product or trend before diving in). Our team does extensive research before going with the flow and will be happy to give you our findings.
2) Consider the risks or what your past photos will look like in 20 years from now. The fashion and beauty models are paid to promote trends or products. Most of us share and promote for free if it is a product or service that we love and helped us look and feel more beautiful. Just because it's the only thing that worked for so and so doesn't mean that it's the only thing that is out there. It just means that you must give the thing time, persistence, and belief before deciding yay or nay.
3) Focus on your strengths, rather than your weaknesses. We are all individually beautiful, designed originals, and most of us tend to look in the mirror and say what we hate about ourselves rather than what makes us strong, courageous, or brave. Talk to your beauty expert about simple solutions to accentuating your favorite features to start small.
4) Try stepping out of your comfort zone just a bit. If you find yourself going for the signature shades then step out of your comfort zone and see how you feel before taking on the new procedure or trend.
5) Most trends aren't too permanent so any change that you make can be changed again. Do not overthink your desire or wish to try. Sometimes just doing it leads to other positive changes in your life. Fear and critics will always talk you out of your desired destination. Often times the fear and critics reside in your own mind and body.
Bonus Tip: The beauty trend for 2018 is skincare, hair-care, and makeup. Pick one for your focus and book your appointment @ La Palmera Spa to start your own beauty trend. Email us @ email@example.com for questions about beauty trends that you've been eyeing.
NIcky Stansbury is the Founder of La Palmera Spa and StressLessSecrets. She is passionate about inspiring others to respond instead of reacting to life's plot twists.