Anxeity is defined as, "a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome." In psychiatry, "Anxiety is defined as a nervous disorder characterized by a state of excessive uneasiness and apprehension, typically with compulsive behavior or panic attacks."
Anxiety is not new and is definitely something more people are recognizing within their own being. If you've ever experienced anxiety or an anxiety attack it is not a fun feeling at all. I recall, when my sister, Jane, died that I felt like I was having a heart attack. My arm became numb and I just remember thinking that my parents cannot have two of their children die within a week. Luckily, I am schooled in the symptoms and knew that it was an overwhelm of fear, anxious, worry, panicky thoughts. I was able to slow my breathing and talk myself to a more normal state of mindfulness.
Because it can happen to anyone the ideal situation is to keep your mind and body in an abundance of relaxation state. In other words, before you experience a traumatic experience or even a nightmare you want to pre-treat yourself with the following tips:
1) Receive Reiki-Reiki is an energy healing practice that is usually done by placing the hands in a series of positions over or slightly above the body. Reiki promotes healing by activating the relaxation response and helping the body to balance itself from a very deep level. Schedule your session @ either La Palmera Spa location 337-451-5864 or 337-740-7422
2) Neck stretches-look down with chin to chest, take 2 deep breaths then slowly roll your neck from right to left until you did a full circle.
3) Strike a Pose-Just stand in a warrior pose and stretch as far as you can go
4) Journal-let your thoughts flow. The hand to paper ritual releases tension and allows you to slow your thoughts.
5) Get Organized-start small and take on 1 project at a time.
Stopping anxiety is a process. Give yourself the time, attention, and love by being patient with yourself and happy that you are taking control of your being.
NIcky Stansbury is the Founder of La Palmera Spa and StressLessSecrets. She is passionate about inspiring others to respond instead of reacting to life's plot twists.